We are pleased to welcome Over the River and Through the Woods, April 2023.
“Over the River and Through the Woods” is a two for one rental, one named “Over the River” and the other cabin is named “Through the Woods”. There are 2 separate tiny homes next to each other joined by a wooden walkway. Each home has a queen bedroom, full bathroom, kitchen, gas fireplace, covered deck and rocking chairs. Perfect for 2 couples that want to vacation with each other but yet have their own privacy. Both homes sleeps 1-4 guests with their furry family member.
If you’re looking for a small getaway with privacy, seclusion, river access and to escape the hustle and bustle of every day life……….THIS IS IT!
Well behaved dogs are welcome with a $100 pet fee per pet and must be approved by management. There is a 2 dog limit. We also require our guests to clean up after their pets “business” to avoid additional cleaning fees and pets are not allowed on the furniture.
Located in northern Ashe County, Crumpler, NC, which is approximately 30 minutes north of West Jefferson and Boone is approximately an hour southwest from our cabins. Our homes offers privacy and seclusion overlooking the river through the woods with river access. Just a walk or very short drive to the river where you will have access to enter and exit on the North Fork of the New River. Riverside Canoe and Tube Rentals is approximately a short 10 minute drive (3.5 miles) along with the New River State Park King’s Creek Access.
Each cabin is stocked the same with a full kitchen, which has a regular coffee maker, microwave, oven and fridge. However, there is no dishwasher or washer and dryer at either cabin. The living room has a gas fireplace (seasonal), 32” Roku TV, and a futon for seating. Each cabin has a queen bed and full bathroom with tub/shower combo. There are rocking chairs under the covered deck at each home. There is a wall unit in the living room with heat and AC along with a ceiling fan in each home.
Enjoy spending time around our wood burning fire pit (wood not provided). You’ll love the taste of your steaks and burgers on our charcoal grill, too! After spending time with us, you’ll not want to leave!
- Our cabins are accessed by a steep graveled driveway. We recommend front wheel drive vehicles. Not motorcycle friendly. Tire chains and 4WD/AWD may be necessary during the winter months.
- The owners may use outdoor surveillance cameras to ensure that their home remains safe. No cameras monitor the inside rooms of the home.
- There is no land-line phone in our cabins. Cell phone coverage is not guaranteed. The home does have WIFI so you may be able to call using WIFI calling.
- No Smoking inside the cabin.
- Minimum age requirement is 25 years old
- Maximum of 4 guests combined. Each cabin sleeps 2 guests.
- Check in time: 4:00 PM; Check out time: 10:00 AM
- ***2 night minimum for off peak times
- ***3 night minimum for MLK weekend, Memorial Day weekend, Labor Day weekend and the entire month of October
- ***4 night minimum for the Thanksgiving holiday
- ***7 night minimum for the July 4th week and Christmas/New Year holidays
- ***MUST BE AT LEAST 25 YEARS OLD TO RENT.
- ***NO HOUSE PARTIES ALLOWED.
As you plan your trip to the mountains, please remember we do get rain, snow, and some foggy days with occasional inconveniences which are out of our control. Winter weather in the Blue Ridge Mountains can occur from November through April. The majority of our homes are accessed by mountain roads, which will be icy in winter weather. For the safety of you and your party, please be prepared to drive in snow and ice. This means 4-wheel drive, good tires, and chains. It is YOUR responsibility to be prepared for hazardous road conditions. There will be NO refunds, allowances, or date changes resulting from your negligence in this matter.